This landscape may look like it’s steaming or on fire, but it’s just bright, rich colors of the time of day the photo was shot—and it makes for a beautiful wallpaper. Add a little customization, and Nicolas has a great desktop worth sitting down at every day. Here’s how it’s all set up.
Nicolas is using Übersicht, a macOS customization suite that we’ve highlighted before . You’ll need to grab it to get started, but it’s pretty much all you’ll need.
Once you have it installed, here’s what you’ll need to get the same look:
- The wallpaper , a photo by GeorgeTheExplorer taken from the summit of Beinn a’Chrulaiste in Scotland
- The Übersicht customization suite for macOS
- The RoundClock widget for Übersicht
- The Bartender utility to customize the macOS menubar
- The cDock utility to customize the macOS Dock
- The LiteIcon utility to tweak the system icons
- The All White Icons for OS X pack to replace the system icons
All of the pieces come together for a simple, yet understated look that’s still perfectly customized to suit Nicolas’ needs, and give plain old macOS a fresh look. If you like it, or have questions about how to make it your own, hit the Flickr link below to ask away, and let Nicolas know how much you like his work—and how much we do too.
Do you have a good-looking, functional desktop of your own to show off? Share it with us! Post it to your personal Kinja blog using the tag Desktop Showcase or add it to our Lifehacker Desktop Show and Tell Flickr pool . Screenshots must be at least at least 1280x720 and please includeinformation about what you used, links to your wallpaper, skins, and themes, and any other relevant details. If your awesome desktop catches our eye, you might get featured!